Wesley Snipes

I had to dig deep into the archives to find this image of Wesley Snipes aka Blade the vampire hunter emerging heroically from a fire unscathed after setting ablaze to one of the undead in the film "Blade Trinity".  I had a lot of fun shooting the stills on this film back in 2004 as the sky's the limit for visuals when dealing with the supernatural. There were a lot of stunts, pyrotechnics and blood of course.  The dark and dreary winter weather of Vancouver was a perfect backdrop for this script.

I barely remember shooting with film stock as it was such a long time ago but I do remember the stress of waiting to get the film back when shooting  irregular fire light.  There is a lot of guess-work in determining your exposure when shooting fire,  especially at night because it does not balance with the ambient light.  The strength of the fire light hitting your subject could vary by a few stops depending on how the special effects department wants the fire to behave.  It looks like a got it right but I can not tell you what Fstop, ISO or shutter speed I used as my scanned in images shot on film do not have meta data imprinted on the file.    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ian McShane

Kids in a Mexican Parking Lot

Monsters