Toreador

Everyone needs a muse and my partner with his handsome features inspired me to go into the studio to shoot him in his latest flamenco costume.    I take flamenco classes with my muse, Rolando and he scored a part in the school's latest company show of Carmen.  He looked so good in his Toreador costume I was hoping he could keep it for a special occasion.  Since that was not possible, I documented it instead.  We had a lot of fun working with flamboyant poses.  I chose this fairly classic pose as my favourite from the shoot.
I kept the lighting fairly frontal and flattering with a little soft shadow so mimic the old graphic bull fighting posters.  I further made it "vintage" by making it black and white however I kept the contrast "as shot" unlike old photos that tend to be very contrasty.  To finalize 'the look', I added an effect that is a plug in, in Photoshop called 'Edge FX Pro'.  It adds cracks mostly around the edges to create the illusion of an aging negative.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camel Silhouette

Ian McShane

Thing